Turkey Taco Soup
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14.5 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14.5 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 oz) whole kernel corn
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chiles
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. onion powder.
- Toppings: tortilla strips, diced avocado, sour cream, lime wedges
Directions1. Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat. Add ground turkey and sauté until browned, breaking up chunks and stirring frequently, about 4-6 minutes. Drain and then add the meat to the bottom of a slow cooker.
2. Add remaining ingredients (except toppings) to the slow cooker and stir to combine Cover and cook on high heat for 4 hours or low heat for 6-8 hours.
3. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Serve warm with desired toppings.